Change the colors of your living room, how to hit? If you are looking to give a new style to your living room but you are hesitant about colors, we give ideas to choose colors and know what colors you sit better.
- Colors for living rooms
- Choose colors that you like
- Light colors to choose from
- Combining color harmony
- Use simulator environments
- The color wheel can help
- White and neutral colors
- The paint finish
- Colors and established rules
Decoration Trends 2014 | Video
Colors for living rooms:
Just by looking at a table of colors of any brand paintings to realize there are hundreds of colors, options painting walls They are many, and can also use colors in the same range or a complementary color for contrast.
Here we give some guidelines with which to choose the best color for the living room but the fact is that first of all we have to few points that are key to know it right.
The main thing is have their own taste and choose a color that convince us much other than trend and we'll see later if it can serve for the kind of living that we have.
Outside our tastes, always it is advisable to take into account factors such as space or natural light in our possession and will allow us to be guided to find if a color such as red, for example, can be a good choice or make the space look smaller.
How to choose colors for living rooms
With these simple steps and tips that'll give this process it will be as simple as:
- To begin you must find a centerpiece (A sofa, a table, a table, &# 8230;) you like for the living room of your house and you serve as a basis for the rest of your choices or decisions of colors and design options. It is easier to find the perfect color for your walls that change the color of the perfect sofa.
- Go to a hardware store or a paint store to find 4 or 5 color samples having tones and like or similar to your centerpiece colors.
- Now look at color samples compare them with your centerpiece and walls your living room to decide which is best.
- choose a clear tone of for the walls to give a greater sense of space. Unless you have a large living room that can be a dark tone.
- You must control the contrasting colors of your sample. For a small living room, accent one wall with a contrasting color can print a bold effect, to make the room does not look very closed. For a large living room, you should choose colors that contrast so that does not seem empty.
- Finally it should be noted that a good choice is the choose colors to see which are the trend of the moment, so we can hit (although soon have to change once it has passed fashion) with the current style we want to give our living room.
Choose colors that you like or you feel good
We all have our moments, does not have to be a famous painter to have a &8220; blue stage&# 8221 ;. There are moments in your life that are associated with colors. Red shades can help you have more energy. very light yellow can be happy and cheer you. Blue or purple can help you be more relaxed. It is a simple exercise and only requires you to buy a poster boards and look for a few seconds.
- Of little use to follow the rules of decoration if the result does not convince. If you have a color illusion is better than bet on it.
- If, for example tand you decant a color that is strong you can always uSarlo in a tone that is somewhat softer or paint just one wall so that the environment not be oppressive and considering that the vast majority of existing houses have living rooms rather small.
- If on the other hand, the colors you love are light or pastel shades, for all that you have won, and we have to say that colors like white or brown, beige and light gray are perhaps the best option for the walls of any room in the house.
- White goes with everything, but did not see. Your pieces will need to have character. Nor will help improve your mood or encourage or relax, but you'll have much more room to combine many different elements. In this room we have made a decor that mixes Arabic styles with patchwork and works perfectly thanks to white: see Article.
Light colors to choose from
Remember that It diffuses light color. In a living room bright colors alive will highlight less that in a room with low light so Always Be guided by natural light, no artificial of you have.
- If you have a small window or balcony for your living room, you'd better not choose colors that are very warm like red or blue and maybe you will get everything look much reduced unable to take advantage of what little light between you.
- White is the best color for a room with low light or perhaps a very soft pastel like beige or garbanzo or porriño gray.
- If you have lots of light, the problem is reduced but if you keep betting on the target you will notice that the space is still much higher. It will also be more aseptic.
Harmony to combine colors
- Achieve a harmonious whole is not so difficult. Follows the rule of an expert designer to combine colors, Kennet Brow. 60-30-10 rule.
This rule that I mention, It involves combining 60% dominant color for example on the walls, not too strong.
Then a 30% of secondary color, for example in upholstery, curtains or even a dominant wall.
- finally, a 10% in detail, such a cushions.
Following this rule with these percentages distributed among the different elements, it is very difficult to mistake even putting initially opposing colors.
Use simulator environments
- A good idea before painting your living room it is to use a simulator environments where you can keep trying different colors on walls, ceiling and furniture and so realize what colors you like best.
- You can combine a wall color more intense and the rest in another of the same or blank range.
- We leave an article with links to simulators colors
The color wheel can help:
- In the lower wheel you see different colors. The Analogous colors are those near, and the orange, yellow are similar, such as purple and blue.
The Complementary colors are those in front, and turquoise and orange are complementary, such as green and red.
- Above all, do not put similar colors but are not in the same range. For example, it is not a good idea to mix a light gray with beige. It seems you wanted them to be equal, but has left you wrong.
White and neutral colors:
- Pearl white, ivory, off-white, pearl, beige, gray yellow sulfur, pearly beige, light gray. Neutral colors are "wild cards" because it always can use with other colors to lighten the visual impact.
The paint finish:
- The polished or glossy finishes reflect light and this enlarges the spaces. Although many paintings have matte finishes, you can paint the walls in bright finishes.
- If you wall is smooth and without irregularities gloss paint finish is ideal, however if your walls have the defects or irregularities best matte finish.
Colors and established rules:
- There are rules decoration that you can follow or not, as you agree. The cool colors are more relaxing thus, range of blue, green, violet, gray colors are cold and are used especially in bedrooms alone or in combination with white or neutral colors.
- In a salon or living room warm colors recommended like yellow, orange, salmon and that they convey dynamism. But much depends on how's you and what feels good for you.
- That does not mean you can not use green, blue, mauve or in your living room.
We leave the link to other articles you serve on the task of finding the right colors:
- Simulator decoration colors
- Bathrooms colors
- Room colors